Temporary Resident Visas (Visitor Visas) and eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) for Canada

Canada welcomes approximately 35 million temporary residents (non-immigrants) each year. Except for Canadian citizens and permanent residents, all other individuals require permission to enter Canada as a visitor and require either a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an eTA (electronic Travel Authorization), unless they are US Citizens.

The following foreigners need either a TRV or an eTA:

Temporary foreign workers (individuals with work permits)
International students (individuals on study permits)
Business Visitors

Business Visitors

There are a number of reasons why an individual may come to Canada as a business visitor, including:

  • Attending business meetings, conferences, conventions, fairs, etc
  • Buying Canadian goods or services on behalf of a foreign entity
  • Taking orders for goods or services
  • Providing after-sales service, excluding hands-on work in the construction trades
  • Being trained by a Canadian parent company for work outside of Canada

Super Visa

A great way to bring Parents and Grandparents to Canada is through the Super Visa program. This program allows family members to come to Canada as long-term visitors on a multiple entry visa that may last up to 10 years. A Super Visa is valid for 2 years before it has to be renewed.

This is an ideal option for Canadian Citizens and Canadian Permanent Residents who are waiting to sponsor their parents for PR, or who currently do not qualify for Parental PR sponsorship.

One of the most popular Canadian visitor visas is a super visa. This type can only be obtained by parents and grandparents who have an existing connection with their citizens or permanent residents, but there’s more than that! The most significant difference between a visitor visa and a super Visa is the maximum time you can stay in Canada. A regular 6-month tourist often needs to apply for an extension, but with this type of permanent residence permit, there are no limits on how long one may reside as long as they wish—up until two years!

The Government of Canada has been working hard to help families come together for many years. This program provides an excellent opportunity for sponsors and their parents or grandparents visiting from abroad to ask them if they would like a super visa so that they can stay in Canada longer than six months on each visit! Both host children (on behalf of your entire family) and grandparents require meeting specific requirements before being granted Entry. Still, they don’t worry because our team is here at immigration consultants specializing specifically in Canadian visas.

As a visitor applying for a super visa, you must

  • Evidence that your child or grandchild’s household satisfies the minimum income requirements
  • Supply a written statement from that child or grandchild stating they will give you financial support during your stay in Canada.
  • Have an immigration medical exam, if required
  • Have proper medical insurance coverage for at least one year.

How can we help?

The Super Visa application method is complicated, time-consuming and stressful. Suppose you want a shot at getting approved as an applicant with Canadian Visas. In that case, you should seek professional assistance before continuing any further toward success (whether this involves applying or submitting paperwork). We have helped thousands immigrate here; we’re sure enough about what kind of guidance would work well, too, because there’s no one better qualified when dealing exclusively with these matters than ourselves. What are you waiting for? Your future in Canada awaits! Contact us today to find out how our immigration services can help make it happen.

Quick Inquiry

Quick Inquiry Form

✓ Valid